August 1, 2023

More about the “Henry B Hyde” fire

I have discovered that you can currently get free online access to the digital records at The National Archives https://catalog.archives.gov/. In the past we would have to submit and pay for a research request and wait to see what could be found.  So as you might expect, I spent some time searching around for anything related to our family history.

While I didn’t find any new information or revelations, I did find an interesting 1900 communique from the United States Consul in Valparaiso, Chile to the State Department regarding the fire aboard the ship Henry B Hyde that was the topic of my April 30, 2021 blog post, Dangerous Fire Aboard a Clipper Ship about Captain David A Scribner’s last sea voyage.  I will share a few of the pages with you.


 


*  *  *  *  *

Key Individuals:

       David Alba Scribner  (1840 – 1911)

- Jane Scribner McCrary
1 August 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

The End of This Journey

It has been four years now since I started this blog and I believe that I have finally run out of family stories to post!   I started this...